Saturday 3 August 2013

7 years in the waiting

7 years ago I came home one evening from coaching a local netball team to find my husband with pen and paper in hand scribbling some notes and doing some sums.  Watcha doing? I said. He replied "How do you fancy selling up and living in a motorhome?"  "WHY????" was my reply "Why Not?" was his. "Sounds good to me" I said.

So the house went up for sale and we waited, and waited, and waited, and changed agents and waited, and waited, and dropped the price (by a lot) and waited, and changed agents and waited.

We did our research and bought our first motorhome.  Vanessa she was called. See Vanessa's page to find out more.



After 5 glorious years with Vanessa,  last year we fell in love with  Jan (pronounced Yan) the Van, or affectionately known as just "Behemoth" - see the picture to the right.

We've done a few trips with Jan but he's made us realise that we don't want to wait any longer.

We've given up waiting and finally decided that we can risk renting the house out and JFDI anyway. (Just Fxxxing Do IT).

Well that was three weeks ago and since then all hell has broken loose.

I've now been tasked with 4 weeks to get the house in shape to allow us to move out within 1 week if necessary.

The other half (have you worked out whether he's the smelly one or the boss) has just said "If you had done it while you went along then it wouldn't be such a big job now, after all you've had 7 years to get ready for this".  Thanks - that's not much help is it.

So I've just spent one week sorting STUFF into

1.  Going with us,
2. Going into Storage,
3. Get rid of and
4. Just plain rubbish.

It's 3 and 4 that I'm struggling with. Being a bit of a hoarder I hate throwing anything away and get soooo depressed when I look at all the STUFF that we don't need and have to get rid of.  All that wasted money!!!!!

So how do I deal with that depression - well:-
 
1.  I take a break and create myself a blog to share with you all and

2.  I read www.motorhome365.com and get fantastic inspiration from the people who have done it already and the people who are not fortunate enough to be able to do it yet.

We still don't have a date - but it's imminent - can't say any more because he is still trying to get an exit strategy from work.

Please sign up to receive emails of our updates to our blog so that you all know where we are and what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment